The VM Operations helps operators on vessels make informed decisions during subsea operations in areas affected by underwater currents. It is designed to give offshore operators clear and detailed information on current speed and direction from the vessel to the seafloor.
In-water servicable instrumentation
Salinity-independent velocity measurements
0.3% of the measured value
*Maximum range depends on acoustic scattering conditions and transmit power
*Click on Download spec sheet to receive all specifications and future updates
The standard system includes the following elements:
- 333 kHz 4-beam Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP)
- Processing unit and junction box
- VM Operations software
Optional extras include:
- DNV type-approved single or double-bottom penetration unit (sea valve)
- DVL-grade speed over ground (SOG) output
- Review software
- Replay software
Where might the VM Operations system fit in?
- ROV and diver inspections
- Subsea installations (as cable laying or rock dumping)
- Towed (seismic) surveys
- Dynamic Positioning (DP) input
- Fuel efficiency monitoring
- Load calculation
- Insight planning upcoming projects
VM Operations software
The user-friendly, VM Operations software, gives operators the information they need at a glance.
It is intentionally designed for those who need to increase subsea situational awareness and efficiency on USVs, survey vessels and installation vessels.
Watch the video to get to know all benefits this software brings.