- Four beams for current profiling with a range over 300 m.
- Scientific echosounder with multiple modes for biomass measurements.
- A coherent and modern system that is quick and convenient to operate.
Until now, epipelagic ADCP surveys could deliver neither the resolution nor the range to examine the ocean boundary layer in great detail. To study the biomass in the same ocean boundary layer, you had to add a separate scientific echosounder.
Nortek’s vessel-mounted ADCP current survey package – called Signature VM Ocean – opens up new opportunities to the community to measure currents in and beyond this boundary layer and to study the contained biomass simultaneously.
The optional center beam is a 70–120 kHz scientific echosounder. Both the echosounder and the current profiler have an effective range of 300–400 m, providing unprecedented insight into the dynamics of zooplankton, krill or even schools of fish. Furthermore, natural acoustic reflectors can give new insight into small-scale physical processes, such as density gradients and internal waves.
- Upper ocean boundary layer studies
- Detection of krill in the water column
- Plankton migration studies
- Upwelling and downwelling studies
- Internal waves
Your inquiry was sent, we will get back to you as fast as possible